COMM497DB Spring 2019
I am developing a set of interactive tutorials on using R for social data analytics. Throughout the semester, I will update the tutorials bi-weekly to include new topics.
Access the interactive tutorial
Download course syllabus
Week1: Slide: An Introduction to R
Week1: Practice code
Week2: Slide: Collect Twitter Data
Week2: Practice code for API
Tutorials used in previous semesters
The old tutorials are not interactive. They are R Markdown documents hosted on RPubs. With new libraries and changes to Twitter/Facebook API, some content may have become obsolete.
- Twitter Analytics (Sentiment) How to Detect Sentiments from Donald Trump’s Tweets?
- Twitter Analytics (Trends and word-cloud) The Tom Brady Stats: Trends and Word-cloud
- Predicting from Digital Footprints More People Interested in Quiting Smoking Next Month? - Leverage Google Trends Data for Predictions and Forecast
- Text Mining (Topic modeling) What Do Twitter Users Talk About Mindhunter (2016)? - Leverage Topic Modeling for Textual Insights
- Network Analysis Analyze Twitter Networks
- Geo-mapping Twitter Users
Students’ R Shiny apps (from Fall 2017)
- Word-cloud of US News Sites on Facebook
- Sentiments in Twitter Conversations About Two Netflix Shows
- Job Postings on Twitter
- Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump Tweet Map
- Consumer Sentiments Toward Uber and Lyft
- Twitter Discussion Networks After the Election